From an early age Dave nicknamed Canyon "Squawk". Because he squawks... a lot.
When he was a baby it was simply an "ehhh ehhh ehhh" noise that he made constantly.
As he got a bit older and started learning a couple of words it turned into, "Mama, Mama, Mama"
And as he approached 16 months it turned into...
"Hod you (hold you), I sick"
and then, "I big nini (mini) puppy" a few months after he hit two.
It seems Canyon has always has a specific sound or phrase that he will repeat over and over and over again. He does it when he's nervous. He does it when he's sad. He does it when he's happy. He does it when he's hot. He does it when he's tired. Kind of like a broken record.
His recent phrases have taken a fun turn:
"I neber!! (I never)"
"Yeab me ayone (leave me alone)"
"I don't yike you (I don't like you)"
and his most recent one...
"I running away!"
Two year olds are fabulous, aren't they ;)
It's a good thing I love him.



1 comment:
1. He's adorable.
2. I love him.
3. Your light in your house is yummy.
Post a Comment