Friday, November 12, 2010

I Am Thankful...(day 12)

for this challenge, actually.  This challenge of listing something I am thankful for everyday. 

Today I was tired.  I haven't slept, really slept, in oh, so long. The wee ones were sick, clingy and crabby. Dave was in the middle of a 24 hr. shift. The laundry was piled up high waiting to be folded.  The dishes needed to be done.  The floor needed to be vacuumed.  I had 6 sessions I needed to finish and mail off.  Emails were waiting to be answered.  In short, I was anxious, short-tempered and felt like I was drowning.

Somehow I got to thinking about this challenge and it hit me, all of the things I was complaining about were the things I am most thankful for.

I am drowning in blessings.

My kids.  Oh man, do I love them.  They are everything to me. EVERYTHING.

Dave.  What a great guy.  He works SO hard to provide for us.

My job.  How many people get paid to do something they love and are passionate about?  How many people can set their own schedule and work 90% from home with a baby on their lap?

My home.  I love our home.  We have SO much.  All that laundry I complain about...shame on me.

So yes, I am thankful for this challenge.  I may need to find some balance in my life but I am VERY thankful for everything I have to balance.

Oh and very thankful for my sister-in-law who brought over dinner just because it was a bad day.

1 comment:

HappyHodges said...

Britt,

You are a strong amazing girl and always have been! You have so much good, talent and focus in you!!!

Miss you,
Mindy