Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Good Day

Today was a good day. 

I woke up to Emma's face just inches from mine serenading me with songs about love and spring time and asking me if I was ready to open my mother's day present yet. It was just after 6:00 am.

Dave pampered me with a breakfast of strawberry nutella crepes, my absolute favorite.

Ali, throughout the day, randomly held my face in her chubby little hands and wished me a "happy mudders day" in her breathy little whisper.

Canyon belched in the middle of the relief society lesson and had everyone in fits of giggles.  Oh, how they love him.

We went on a scenic family drive up to Smith and Morehouse, shared a couple of chocolate donuts and watched a moose for awhile.

Bedtime consisted of nuzzling my sweet baby boy close and playing with his soft little curls and then climbing into bed with my girls to read story after story after story.  The girls joined in as I sang them their lullaby tonight. They have the sweetest little voices.

As I was leaving the girls' room tonight Emma asked me if this was the best mothers day ever.  I believe it was. 

I'm thankful for this gift called motherhood.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Love this... especially imagining the whispered "happy mudders day". So cute!!

Rachel Holloway said...

what a perfect, perfect day. :)

Jess Young said...

Glad you had a great Mother's Day.

Crystal and Kevin said...

I knew you'd have an amazing mother's day. You've raised too cute of a family to have it any other way!