Thursday, June 30, 2011

Summer Fun and Emma turns 6!

Well hello. It's been a while, right? You will be happy to know we are all alive. And happy. Quite happy. We have pretty much made having fun our full time job. Haha, or at least tried to fit it in every nook and cranny of our spare time. Our summer has been filled with camping trips, glorious popsicles, 4-wheeler rides, staying up late, Dutch oven dinners and BBQs with friends, star gazing, hiking, sailing excursions, a lot of biking, and jaunts down to the lake where we bask in the sun, splash in the water and cover ourselves with sand all day long. Life is goooood. And I totally understand now while people fork out a hefty amount of mullah to buy a home up here that they only live in during the summer.

Summer also marks the beginning of birthday season (as I like to call it) in our little home. First off...my Emma girl! She turned the grand ol' age of 6! I always give my monkeys the option of a party for their big day or a family fun day. Up until now they have always chose a family fun day. Emma decided to go ahead and break my heart and choose a friend party. Kidding. Although I do love our family fun days. Anyway, cupcake was the theme! Emma helped plan the whole thing from the invitations to the party favors. I was quite pleased with how it turned out.


And also quite pleased my mama came up the night before because she knows I'm a horrible procrastinator and would need a lot of help ;). We dolled the little guests up in aprons and let them at a cupcake decorating station. I found it funny the thing the kiddos got most excited about were the mini bakery boxes I found and stamped their names on to put their creations in. Too funny. There were also a few cupcake themed games and then cake (just a small one because of the surplus of cupcakes)and presents. It was fun watching Emma in her element. I couldn't help but noticing how she went out of her way to make everyone feel included. She sure is growing up. Love that little lady!

Next up on the birthday list...my baby. GULP.

6 comments:

Heather Rose said...

Love love love the fun pictures! what a cute party!

Krystal said...

Cute party idea! As always, you and your creative mind hit it out of the park! Cute little (I mean BIG) Emma was adorable :)

Tania Farr said...

Very cute pictures and the birthday party look like so much fun. I love the cupcakes and birthday cake. How did you made the frosting look so perfect. I am very hungry!

Jess said...

Looks so fun. Em is such a great girl!

Kati said...

Awe! I just love that Emma girl!

Crystal and Kevin said...

It's gotta rock to have you as a mom. That cake looks so delicious!