Friday, October 14, 2011

Emma + Oz sittin' in a tree

Here's the thing, whether it's because she is in school all day long or because her two younger siblings are little snuggling leeches who are stuck to my lap all day long, I don't get to spend nearly as much quality time with my Emma girl as I would like to. Needless to say, when I came across a killer deal on some front row tickets to see the Wizard of Oz I knew who my date was going to be.


As we waited for the show to start Emma chatted uninterrupted about anything and everything. During the show Emma was completely enthralled. She laughed a lot, she screamed and jumped and she even cried although she claims she was only sniffling because her nose was stuffed.  She impressed me by pointing out how each scene varied from the book. And her favorite parts? The music and Toto of course. As much as I enjoyed the show and I REALLY enjoyed it I enjoyed watching Emma even more. And I absolutely loved when my little non-snuggler would cling to my arm or climb onto my lap every time it got a little bit intense. It was a great night. Totally worth going to bed at 11:30 on a school night.  I think.  

Now, about the picture...did you see the child on that goose egg (click on the picture to see it in it's full glory)?! Compliments of falling off the tramp 2 minutes before leaving home.

1 comment:

Crystal and Kevin said...

Haha!! When the picture was sized down I thought the goose egg was her bangs