Is when Emma informs me she is never moving out and that she, her husband and kids will always live with me on our house on the mountain.
Is when Ali crawls into my bed at 1:30 in the morning and announces herself by saying, "Ali Miller, here for snuddles."
Is always having Canyon at my feet, on my hip or in my lap wherever I go.
Is the "I Luf you" note hanging in my office that Emma wrote to me while in time out one day.
Is listening to Ali pray, "please let mom and me die at the same time" because she can't stand the thought of being without me for even a minute.
Is Emma curled up beside me begging for just one more chapter each night before bed.
Is sweet, pucker-y muah kisses from my little guy.
Is Ali telling me repeatedly that she loves me "more 'dan anyfing".
Is hearing Canyon demand, cry or ask, "Mama, mama, mama" a thousand and one times a day.
The best thing in the world is being a mom. Although I am far from a perfect mother, to these little ones, I am enough. It seems every night when I go to bed I am wishing I had been more patient or that I had spent more time on the floor playing or heck, that I had dished out more fruits and veggies and less sugar. But no matter how the day goes the next morning I am always greeted with hugs, kisses and sleepy "good morning mama"s. My monkeys love me easily, sincerely and without question. It's the best feeling in the whole wide world.


1 comment:
Oh, man... sweetest things ever!!!
Post a Comment