Saturday, April 14, 2012

Saturday Morning

I love Saturday mornings.  Especially ones where we have absolutely nothing on the agenda.  This morning we all slept in until 6:30... Dave and Ali until almost 8:00. 

There were art projects


lazy reading


lots of car playing


raggedy blankets, mis-matched jammies and crusty wake up faces


good morning scratches


and many half-eaten "ba-pos" (aka pears that Canyon calls apples) scattered haphazardly around the house


Next came breakfast.  We have a system around here: I make the batter, Dave cooks it up.  This morning it was whole wheat banana bread pancakes-with a side of eggs.


My favorite. Except Ali ate all the eggs before any of us realized it.

Emma decided to help and quickly got dressed for the occasion.


Ali appointed herself as Emma's sous chef. She couldn't find her apron so improvised by using Emma's superhero cape.

Dave played a little iPhone chess while slaving away. 


He was embarrassed when I caught him.  And then annoyed when I wouldn't stop taking pictures.

Canyon did a stellar job of eating and requested seconds fourths on syrup. 


He let us know the second he was finished by trying to get out of his chair all by himself. 


It was a similar stunt involving the car that earned him those raspberries all over his face.

This past year or so I've really been trying to document more of our day to day life. It's saddens me a little how fast life moves and how much things change. The other day my sister brought up how Emma used to tell everyone she was going to be "laminated" when she turned eight when she, of course, meant baptized.  I was horrified to realize that until she brought it up, I had completely forgotten about it.  My hope is that blog posts like this one will help me remember and hold on to the sweet little sing-song voices, the sticky hands, the smell of banana permeating the house, the laughter, the raspberry covered noses and all the other small details that I love about this stage in our lives.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

GREAT idea! These ordinary days are the ones you'll want to remember years down the road. You've documented this one beautifully. :)

Kati said...

Love!