Monday, May 28, 2012

Odds and Ends

* I love these pictures. They scream of happiness, childhood and summer.



* After a whirlwind week of fieldtrips, backpack and desk clean out and dance recitals school is finally out for..SUMMER! I'm so excited to have Emma home more!  I have to admit, though, I am really going to miss the structure the school day gave us. I'm kind of in love with this chart I found via pinterest


 I'm thinking between this and new summer responsiblility charts (aka chore and reading/math charts) we will have just the right amount of structure for summer. 

*  Don't go feeling too bad for my kiddos, though, summer's agenda also includes lots of playing in the lake, camping, U-of-U football games, hiking, zoo visiting, tramp jumping, biking, movies at the drive-in, popsicles, read-a-thons on the deck, dancing in parades and fairs, canoeing, birthday bashes, backpacking with Grandpa, splash park playing and fort building.  I can't wait!!

*  I recently made this for dessert.  Man alive, was it heavenly!

*  After being on a boil order for over a year we finally got the notice that our new well tested negative for "coliform, fecal or E. coli".  No fecal in the well?  Yay! 

*  I have my first biking event of the season on Saturday. I'm quite excited. Between Dave and I we have some really fun ones coming up this summer.

*  Dave is obsessed with filling out surveys.  It drives me nuts.  I'm always telling him its a complete waste of time.  Turns out I was wrong.  The boy won a new Ipad from one of his survey taking stints.  I won't complain (about surveys) ever again.

* A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to go to Montana to shoot a wedding. Dave and I decided to make a vacation out of it.  We spent a couple of days in Missoula, West Yellowstone and Jackson Hole.  I didn't pull my camera out once (besides the wedding, of course) and I'm actually okay with that. Sometimes you just have to live in the moment. It was a fabulous trip. I loved having my little family all to myself.  

1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

SO, SO FUN! You guys are going to have a ROCKIN' summer! I love that schedule and it is something I may have to implement myself! Thanks for sharing-- :)
p.s. coming through Utah this summer--any chance of seeing you guys again?