Monday, June 18, 2012

The BIG {7}

My Emma girl turned 7 a couple of weeks ago and maaa-aan was she excited!  And get this, she was even willing to share her big day with me when I told her that it was a special day for me too because 7 years ago is when I became a mom.  She's sweet that way.  For her big day Emma chose a family fun day versus a party.  I LOVE when my kiddos choose family fun days over a party. I love that it gives us a chance to spend the whoooole day together. She originally wanted to go camping for her birthday but because of schedule problems we went over the weekend instead which left her big day wide open. We started off bright and early with a traditional breakfast birthday table and then hit the zoo.  As I watched her waltz ahead confidently carrying her purse and a big stuffed polar bear she bought with some birthday money it hit me... she really is growing up. Luckily she still has a lot of little girl left in her. I'm thankful for that. The zoo was followed by lunch at Cafe Rio (Emma had a hankering for their pork salad).  After lunch we hit the dollar theatre and then it was home for cake and ice cream on the tramp and deck. 


Emma's BFFs (yes, they actually refer to each other that way. I chuckle every time) came over when they smelled the cake.


I think it's pretty great that of all the year round dwellers on the mountain we moved in right next to the only other ones with children.

Anyway, it was a fantastic day. I'm so grateful to have Emma in my life. Her dimpled smile and freckles melt my heart.  Her sweet spirit and determination to always do the right inspires me to be a better person daily. I love her. To the moon and back.

In case you were wondering (I think it tells a lot about her)

Present requests this year- art kit, earrings, chapter books

Cake request- vanilla cake with vanilla frosting and vanilla ice cream.  She's a wild one ;) By the way, I have found the very best vanilla cake recipe ever.  You can find it here.  I doubled it and replaced the lemon zest for the innards of a vanilla bean. 

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Happy birthday to sweet beautiful Emma!! Your photos are gorgeous!!