Saturday, July 14, 2012

Home

I love where we live.  In fact, the other night I had a full blown nightmare that Dave decided to pack us all up and move us back to the "city".  I was full out sobbing (apparently I'm quite dramatic in dream land) over the fact that I wouldn't be able to wake up first thing in the morning and gaze out at the morning light softly illuminating the lake or be able to star gaze from the comfort of my living room couch, or run my beloved dirt roads, or enjoy the cool breeze that blows through the open windows the majority of the day, or watch the deer sleep under the deck and baby raccoons scurry down the driveway, or pile all 5 of us on the four wheeler and head down to play in the sand and water at the lake before dinner each night. My heart literally ached. Especially when Dave set our house on fire (with the kiddos still inside, mind you) to collect insurance money so we would have the money to move back to the city. Ha! Needless to say I was quite relieved to wake up ;).

Dave and I have lived several other places in our married life but none of them have felt this much like... home.  Yes, there are some drawbacks to where we live, a long work commute, icy hills and no public water in the winter, the occasional tick sighting in summer (I had to remove one from Canyon's ear not to long ago. Shudder) and the occasional wildfire scare in the dry years (the other day we had 4, yes 4! lightning caused brush fires within a 10 mile radius of our house) but I'll take the bad with the good because I have every intention of growing old here with Dave by my side. And I'm absolutely tickled that my kids get to enjoy a good ol' fashioned childhood with lots of sunshine, dirt, swimming and exploring.  Life is good.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I love your place! Dreams are crazy, aren't they? I'm jealous of your life.

Rachel Holloway said...

That sound so dreamy! I hope life ends up as magical as it sounds! :)