I'm kind of in heaven. Dave and I have gotten two awesome dates in this last month. And I'm not talking about snuggling up, sharing a snickers and watching a movie while the chickens are asleep upstairs kind of date. This is big news, people. BIG. We don't get out sans children very often. Both times we found ourselves without the little beans we chose to go biking. It wasn't a hard choice.
I love biking with Dave. Dave is by far my favorite biking partner and yet we haven't been able to bike together in quite awhile. The biking around our house is fabulous- but not child friendly- which means we usually do our rides separate so someone is home with the kiddos. The first ride was a quiet, sunrise ride with just Dave, me and a whole bunch of wildlife. We talked some but mainly just biked along next to each other enjoying the peace and quiet and just being together. This weekend we doubled with another couple for a very wet 45 mile ride in the rain. It. Was. A. Blast. As I was barreling down the canyon drenched to the bone I found myself literally laughing out loud. It was exhilarating. The scenery was breathtaking and the company couldn't have been better. Beats dinner and a movie any day.
1 comment:
So happy for you guys! That is so refreshing huh!
Post a Comment