*Flowers
Dave brought these beauties home from work with him on Valentines day (along with some chilis take out, mmmm). I adore them. I love seeing them on the counter every morning. They brighten my day.
*Three in a row
I'm not sure why but every time my chickens settle down at the counter for a meal it warms my heart. Something about having them all together at once. I love how they naturally put themselves in order (biggest to smallest) every single time.
*Blendtec
After much research and some saving I finally bit the bullet and bought a high powered blender. I can't stress it enough... I love my Blendtec! I use it several times a day and it has helped immensly with my goal of clean eating. So far I've made smoothies galore, whole juices, almond milk, salad dressings, ice-cream that's made of spinach and bananas but that tastes like mint chocolate chip (it's a magical blender), whole wheat pancakes made of wheat berries and a million and one larabar bites. I'm especially in love with the larabar bites. They are the perfect blend of carbs, protein and healthy fats for a before or after workout snack. I'm trying to figure out how to carry a few in my jersey pockets for long bike rides. The kids can't get enough of them and call them cookie dough balls. I make sure there is always a large batch in the fridge.
*WinCo
How have I not known about WinCo before now? They are my new go-to place for stocking up on nuts and seeds of every variety, dates, wheat berries, steel cut oats, flax seed, quinoa, wild rice, dried fruit etc. I dream of their bins at night. Heaven.
*This girl
Yesterday I only saw her for an hour or two because she was busy helping Dave with secret birthday plans and then her and Emma were at dance while I was at work. As soon as she walked in the front door and saw me she dropped everything and ran, jumped and gave me a big ol' hug that lasted for at least 3 minutes and proclaimed that her day had been terrible because it didn't have me in it. She is my snuggle bug. I just registered her for kindergarten and man, was that hard. I'm not sure how we will handle being apart for 4 hours a day when she starts school.
*Documentaries
Dave and I have started watching documentaries on our date nights while we pedal away on our bikes in the basement. Good times. Good times. Some favorites (all found on Netflix) you should watch:
The Spirit of The Marathon
Ride the Divide
Hungry for Change
Running the Sahara
Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead
I tell you, the body is an amazing thing.



1 comment:
Notice what hand Canyon is useing to eat his cerial. Makes for a proud Daddy
Post a Comment