1. I need to start running early in the mornings. I've been able to get away with going whenever I please the last couple of months but now that summer is creeping up morning runs are becoming a must. Long run in the middle of the hot day = no fun.
2. Never doubt Dave. I'll admit- when he approached me telling me he was going to build a trailer for the canoe that can be pulled behind the 4-wheeler out of miscellaneous wood scraps, a pile of bolts, and two beat-to-poo bikes from the DI I had my doubts. Best. Invention. Ever. It made today's lake day sooo much easier. We are now able to pull the canoe right down to the lake (plus all our life jackets, sand toys, books, blankets, towels, food, chairs etc).
3. The lake works perfect as an ice bath after a long run. The water is still quite chilly.
4. Always review human anatomy books before letting the kids read them. I'm sure you know where I'm going with this. When we go to the library Emma heads straight for the thick fantasy books, Canyon for the train, farm animal and truck board books and Ali heads straight for the non-fiction section. She has brought home books on hockey, deer hunting, fossils, pyramids and more. Today she picked out a large Eyewitness book (in the children's section, mind you) on human anatomy. I applauded her choice. On the way home though I heard much giggling in the back from her and Emma. When I turned around to see what was going on I found them pointing out special parts on a very, very detailed rendition of the male body. I have to say, I am impressed with how I handled the situation. I calmly said, oh, I see you've found a picture of a penis, that's how boys go to the bathroom and then asked if I could look at the book for awhile. When really- I just wanted to snatch the book away and cry under my seat. Why, children's Eyewitness book? Why? This just confirmed how much I am dreading "the talk".
1 comment:
Oh Britt... lol.... I can just picture and hear that sweet voice of yours... Way to go with that book situations :)
Post a Comment