Monday, October 5, 2009

Yellowstone Bike Tour

A couple of weekends ago we hit Yellowstone, with my parents, for the bike tour.

My mom was sweet enough to to keep the girls entertained while my dad, Dave and I biked the 65 mile trek from West Yellowstone out to old Faithful and back. Can I just say, GORGEOUS ride. Yellowstone is a whole other experience by bike. Everyone needs to do it before they die...it was that great. Some lessons learned from the trip?

  • Dave has inherited the horrible, painful, Miller sense of Humor. We passed a game crossing sign and he immediately said, "Hey look, there goes Monopoly" and then laughed. Ugh.
  • The early hours are the best...gorgeous lighting, lots of animals.

  • Grandma will do ANYTHING for the grand kids, even sleep in a child-sized, pop-up, Dora the Explorer tent because a certain 4 yr. old doesn't want to sleep alone.
  • The IMAX experience is so worth the money.
  • Always feed Emma. Emma got in trouble on the car ride up there and after she calmed down and we had our "Do you know why you got in trouble" talk, she said, "Do you want to hear my story? Well what happened is I get kind of wiggly and noisy and....MEAN when I'm hungry."
  • When on a long bike ride remember to drink, even when you are not thirsty, 1/2 a water bottle is not enough for 65 miles.
  • Ice cream tastes best when eaten on the knotty porch.


  • Emma's sensitive nose + Yellowstone's fragrant smells=HilARiOus!

  • Despite the "quiet zone" signs, Ali will scream loudly when coming nose to nose with a wolf.

That about sums it up. How about one last picture of my adorable explorers?

Awe.

3 comments:

Jess Young said...

It's definitely on my list of to-do's.

Krystal said...

Wow, where do I start?

The video - AMAZING! It was very touching and definitely made me think about sacrifices that are made in ALL our behalf.

Ali's Birthday - SO CUTE! She is just a doll and I am thrilled that she had a great birthday! It is such a good time in life :)

Yellowstone - What a fun trip! I haven't been there in years. You have made me crave it! Sounds like your mom is a very special person.....I'm sure the kiddos adore her :)

Kati said...

Congrats! I am glad you had fun at Yellowstone! But I do have to say that that "Miller sense of Humor" is really quite clever. I wish I had it! lol! I can't wait till Emma's starts breaking through!