
- I'm trying really hard to not feel guilty for blogging instead of doing laundry or editing 2 of the sessions that have to go out tomorrow.
- Emma is set on having a strawberry-custard pie for Thanksgiving. I've begun rounding up different strawberry-custard pie recipes to try out. Stupid Strawberry Shortcake book.
- Dave is starting to settle into his new job at AirMed. It's different. It's challenging. It's just what he needs. On that same note, did you know flight suits are ridiculously expensive?!
- We took the girls to see the helicopter the other night. Emma informed us that she had been waiting her WHOOOOLE life for that moment. ALi simply looked at the helicopter and said, "Coptor! Oh, WOW!" They are so easy to please.
- Just finished up the best book ever. Seriously, read it. It's amazing.
- Sunday mornings are hectic in our house. So much so that in the chaos of this last Sunday morning, Emma somehow left the house without under-roos on. A wiggly four year old girl, in a dress+no under-roos=...well, you can imagine. The primary president herself informed me my little girl was going commando. I, of course, quickly blamed the mistake on Dave. Daddies make mistakes like that all the time, right? Never a mommy ;). We all got quite a laugh out of the whole situation. Especially over Emma's annoyance when we pulled her out of singing time to slip on some pretty princess undies. She informed me she didn't have time as she was in the middle of practicing a song. Ahhhh, to be four again.
- I'd give my right arm right now for a bowl of creamy tomato and basil soup. Mmmm.
- Ali gives the BEST kisses. Her simple kisses are one of my all time favorite things. The magic is all in her squishy little lips. They melt this mama's heart.
- Halloween was awesome. We has some good friends over for a caramel apple party and then headed to our neighborhood trunk-or-treat. What's that? You want to see pictures? Well, I suppose I have a few.
- Emma tells me at least a dozen time a day that I am her best friend, that she loves me more than life and that I am the best mommy in the world. It's delightful. She has also been known to tell me she is mad at me, she's not going to "snuddle" me anymore and that she will be looking for a new family. Not going to lie, even though I know those are just the rantings of a four-year-old, and even though she ALWAYS apologizes, it still pricks a bit.
- Ali asks me daily, "Stooo, Oweos?" Yup, she wants to go to the store for oreos. I've never seen such an intense addiction in a two year old. I'll tell you what though, that child will do anything for a single oreo. Other items on her daily shopping list include,"Juuu, daddy" (juice for daddy). Moke (milk) and Foooood Howa (Howie food).




And I love that.
3 comments:
Glad to see you back! and I enjoyed the post. Those girls are just too fun, no wonder you can't stop thinkin' 'bout em'!
Love the post.
We have MISSED you guys! Fun, and funny, post! SO FUNNY about Emma's undies lol! Hyrum says wonderful and terrible things too. That is funny that Ali loves Oreo's. My kids won't eat the whole cookie, just the middle...
Post a Comment