Saturday, January 1, 2011

Because everyone else is updating...

*I finally gave the old blog a face lift.  It's been needing it for some time now.

*Christmas this year was awesome!  I absolutely love the age my kids are at.  Everything is SO exciting to them and thus...for me. We made a huge list of activities we wanted to do over the break and it's been fun crossing them off.  Making reindeer puppets and snowflakes, Christmas parties,


 a wagon ride (or as Emma calls it, a one-horse-open-sleigh-ride) to see the lights on the bay, decorating cookies, making a gingerbread house (try not to envy our mad decorating skills),


Christmas movie nights, Ogden's Christmas Village, Temple Square lights,


reading Christmas stories and drinking homemade hot cocoa...you get the idea.  It all made for a fun month topped off with a perfect Christmas day.

*Eight years!  That's right, this month Dave and I have been married for 8 years!

(picture by Melinda Smith Photography)

 I keep trying to figure out where all that time went.  Sheesh.  Thanks to Dave's sister we were able to celebrate sans kids.  Dinner and a scenic drive in the dark.  It was perfect.  I sure love that guy.

*I have a whole new respect for moms who work full-time.  I really only do it for the fall rush each year and man, does it get hard! On that same note, I'm so incredibly happy my little business has made it to where it is today.  I hope it keeps growing!  This year I plan to study up on the business side of my business.  There are some changes I'd like to make.

*Family pictures.  We finally had ours done!  And man, am I in love with them. Worth EVERY penny. We had a good friend we met through photography take them.  Really, she is amazing!  As soon as I got the disk I printed out a gazillion and one.  That's only a slight exaggeration. Stay tuned, I plan on doing a whole post dedicated to family pictures.  And speaking of family pictures, I made up a Christmas card this year, ordered a good handful and never mailed them.  So, family and friends, here you go...


*I'm sad to see 2010 go.  Really sad.  Why?  My baby, baby was born in 2010.  I'm weird like that.

*My focus for 2011 will be on health and spirituality.  Both are areas in my life that have been neglected more than I care to admit. 

*I'm thinking of taking up digital scrapbooking.  My girls LOVE to look at their books and have me read stories about them when they were smaller.  I feel scrapbooks are important but can't seem to find the time to do them.  I'm thinking going digital will help.

*There's more, but this post is getting much too long.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I love your new blog look! Simple and classy. :) I also loved taking your family's pics... I can honestly say it was one of my favorite sessions in 2010. :)

Kati said...

CA-UTE pictures!!!! I have missed reading your blog! I hope 2011 is quite a wonderful year for you all!

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

If you're looking for scrapbooking time- I do mine between 9pm-2am... lol! I'm sure that time frame doesn't fit into most people's schedules. I don't sleep. That's how I get stuff done. :)

And holy cutness-batman! Your family is just plain adorable and a half. :)