Thursday, January 13, 2011

Because I think they are hilarious...

(Picture by Melinda Smith Photography)

Emma:  "Mom!  Look at Canyon's fat legs (pointing to his delicious three-roll thighs).  He needs a shake weight for them!"

********

Me:  "Ali, I think Canyon is going to have your eyes"

Ali:  with a desperate, horrified look on her face, "but then how will I be able to see?!"

********

I always tell my kids they are not allowed to grow up because I want to be able to snuggle them forever.  I also often tell them that treats aren't healthy and don't help our bodies grow.  Ali, connected the two and figured out a way to work the system.

"Mom!  I'm growing up too big for snuddles!  Quick!  Give me lots of treats!"

Clever, no?

********

Emma: "I'm sorry I wasn't quiet during quiet time.  I just have so much to say"

*******

While out driving we passed a billboard that had a little girl hugging her mom's pregnant belly.  I lamented out loud how I would never have one of those taken. 

That's when Emma piped in, "it's ok mom, you can just eat a lot of food and then I'll hug you and we can take that picture"

She's my little problem solver, that one.

*******

While cooking dinner I asked the girls, "who knows how to tell when the pasta is done?"

Ali quickly replied, "I do!  When mama says 'DINNER TIME'"

*******

While making the girls honey sandwiches...

Me: "It's so cold in here the honey isn't coming out"

A confused Emma, "Daddy is not coming out of bed?"

Get it...I call Dave, Honey.  Bwahahaha.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

They truly are hilarious! Those made me laugh out loud!

HappyHodges said...

Love these! So glad you document there creative silliness!

Jess Young said...

I love your clever little girls!

Krystal said...

SO CUTE!!! I love the things kids say. I feel really guilty, because I use to record such moments on my blog and have become a huge slacker! I love reading them though. Thanks for sharing!

Kelli said...

so dang funny. i especially love the one about the treats. we loved having ali over today. i wish we could have her everyday. she's so fun.