Monday, August 6, 2012

Picture Post: Canyon's Birthday

My baby is two!!  Let me tell you, I've had a hard time wrapping my head and heart around that little tidbit.  Long gone are the sippy cups and crib.  He is a big boy now. Day by day he is becoming more and more his own little person.  He doesn't hesitate to "shhh" me if I'm not singing the song he wants or wag his little finger at me and tell me "Na-No!" if I kiss on him too much. He is often immersed in his own world of cars and "ga-gooos" aka motorcycles and doesn't have nearly as much time for mama snuggles.  Although I do miss my baby this little boy who seems to have replaced him is pretty darn great. I think I'll keep him.

To celebrate his Birthday we held a joint monster bash for him and Parley. My girls and I had a blast making all the fun party decorations and cakes. At the party there was pizza, cake and ice cream cones, bubbles, presents galore and a pinata that held at least 10 lbs of candy ;).  My sweet little brother even set up a face painting table.  It was a blast.  I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story...



Happy Birthday, Canyon and Parley.  You are by far my favorite little monsters!

3 comments:

Kati said...

Oh my goodness! How perfect! Cute cute! Wish we were closer so we could make it!

Crystal and Kevin said...

My heart is melting!!! Oh I love those monsters so much!! Excellent job on the party!

mcbingham said...

I just love everything about this party! You guys know how to have a good time, and how to make it SO cute :)