Sunday, December 23, 2012

Boy

Every time we pull into our driveway Canyon points excitedly to the shed and yells, "My daddy!"


"Your daddy made the shed?" I always clarify.

To which he proudly responds, "Mmm-hmmm and ME!!"


I love it.  I love that at two he already has such a feeling of accomplishment and some solid memories of working side by side with his daddy.


Other cute Canyon tidbits (because it's been awhile):

-Whenever Canyon wants to get out of something, be it sitting on Santa's lap, eating broccoli or simply going to bed, he tells me he is "gick".  That's right, the boy has already learned to fake sick.

-I decided to let his hair grow out a little bit for winter and was pleasantly surprised by an unruly head of curls that sprouted from the top of his head. I call them his curlies and when he is feeling particularly kind he will tilt his head my way and offer me the chance to kiss them.

-I am always teaching Canyon about what it means to be a gentleman. Being a gentleman is serious business in our house. At our ward Christmas party Canyon was watching an older boy play with his sister by holding her back by the arms while she struggled to get away. Not understanding that they were just playing Canyon marched on over and yelled at the boy all the while wagging his little finger.

-If you ask, Canyon will proudly tell you that is he two... and that I am three.

This little boy grows on me more and more everyday.  I'm completely smitten with him.

1 comment:

Kati said...

I am totally smitten with that Canyon boy too! He is one cute cute Cutie!!!!