Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Patch

It's okay to talk Halloween, right?  No matter that it was 6 weeks and another holiday ago.  Speaking of holidays I think I finally pinpointed what I love so much about them.  It's all about the traditions for me.  I love all the family time and fun activities that holidays bring.

So, about pumpkins, we like to get ours from a patch.  We've been going to the same pumpkin patch for years.  It's quite a ways away now but we still can't resist it.  Not only does it have pumpkins it has cousins that live close by.




Note: will travel for cousins. 

It also has a free hay maze that the kiddos go crazy for. 



By the way, when did this one get taller than the hay maze?!

Que the "why must they grow up and break their mama's heart" speech here.

Dave told the kids they could pick any pumpkin they wanted... as long as they could carry it to the cart.


Poor Ali.





She had a hard time finding a pumpkin her heart and muscles could agree on.

Meanwhile...




Canyon was enjoying some boy time with his cousin Josh.  Canyon absolutely loves Josh. Considering he is constantly surrounded by girls- his sisters, sisters' friends and a whole class of nothing but girls at church- I can see why. That and Josh is the kindest little big guy you'll ever meet.

Another successful year at the patch! 


I only wish we would have gotten a chance to carve the suckas' but alas, they ended up being $19 worth of deer feed. Or it could have been $11 worth of deer feed... my mind doesn't remember numbers very well.

I'll finish with a quick glimpse of this year's costumes- a genie, black cat and puppy.



Adorbs.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Okay, those pictures of Ali are killing me with cuteness. I especially love her sitting on the pumpkin and pouting, but I think you need to print all three and hang them as a set.

Kati said...

ALI! That little cutie! How fun! I am so happy you are sticking with your traditions... I am thinking we need more of them as a family!