Monday, February 15, 2010

on marriage


Well, good ol' cupid got a hold of Emma this V-day. Emma came home from her class Valentine's party absolutely giddy. She of course had to sort through and show me each and every valentine she received. When she got to one, that happened to be a coupon for a free ice-cream cone, she squealed and started to kiss it. When Emma saw me watching her she suddenly got quite serious and the following conversation then occurred.

Emma, "Mom, me and Sam are thinking about getting married."

Me, "Ohhh?"

Emma, "Yes, I like him and he likes me. When we are married we will go fishing and make deeee-licious cakes and teach our babies the wisdoms and play lots of fun games".

I have to say, sounds like a delightful marriage to me.

3 comments:

Jess Young said...

LOL. What about the stage where they want to marry daddy???

HappyHodges said...

I am giggling out loud! I adore little Em! How grown and mature she has gotten!

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

too funny!

Alli started kissing boys in kindergarten.... just a heads up. :)