14 1/2 weeks along! Yes! I'm still living off of Zofran and I'm still barfing but...its getting better. It really is. The nausea isn't nearly as severe, the food aversions have tapered off and I have more energy. We are, however, still living in survival mode. Meaning pretty much anything goes to get us through the day. It may not be ideal, but it's working. Have a glance at our Tuesday morning for example. I find it quite funny now. I didn't so much then.
5:40 Alarm goes off. Try to remember why the alarm is going off. That's right, Emma's IEP meeting followed by speech therapy all starting at 9:00. Stagger to the kitchen and wash down a Zofran with warm tap water. Stagger back to bed and desperately try to fall back asleep in hopes of not throwing up the Zofran, knowing if I lose it, there goes the day.
6:20 Alarm goes off again. Stagger to the kitchen and gag down a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats. Head into the living room to adjust the antenna and turn on PBS knowing the monkeys will be up any minute. Head back to bed to lay down in hopes of keeping the cereal down.
7:00 Head to the living room to give the monkeys good morning kisses. Sit down on the couch and snuggle them for a minute. Praise them for being such wonderful kids. Realize the Honey Bunches of Oats are not going to stay down after all and make a mad dash to the bathroom. Ugh. Lay back down for a little bit.
7:20 Begin the process of getting the monkeys ready for the day. Praise Dave for doing the laundry. Remind myself to give him a kiss of thanks when he gets home later. All of a sudden realize Dave gets off at 9:00...won't be home until after 10:00. How in the world did I overlook this?! Think of who I can call. Don't want to bug anyone this early. Realize I have no choice but to take Ali with us despite the firm "no siblings allowed" rule. Oh well, after all what are they going to do? Kick us out? Make little Ali wait for her daddy on the curb?
8:00 Feeling sick. Lay down on the couch and watch 'toons with the wee ones.
8:15 Look at the clock and freak out a bit. Rush to brush my hair, apply deodorant (considerate right? ;)) brush my teeth and throw on clothes and a hat. That will have to do.
8:25 Start herding the monkeys out the door. Feeling sick. Realize I need to eat and that I haven't given the girls breakfast yet. Scavenge through the cupboards. Why is there no food?! Oh yeah, that's right, because I haven't been to the store in, like, over a month. The store is my worst enemy. The lights...smells...endless movement...ugh. Finally, find a bag of popcorn and two packets of princess gummies. Throw the popcorn in the microwave and then head out of the room because the heat smell is making me sick. Come back and am greeted by a burnt smell. Possibly say a little cuss word. Check popcorn, it's salvageable.
8:40 driving down the road repulsed but still munching on semi-burnt popcorn while the monkeys happily munch their fruit snacks. Share popcorn with the girls. Laugh a bit at their super nutritious breakfast and remember the days of fresh fruit and warm, whole-wheat pancakes.
9:05 Arrive for the IEP meeting not only late and toting an extra child but also out of breath and a bit sweaty. No, not because I'm THAT out of shape but because that horrid, semi-burnt popcorn is putting up a fierce fight to come back up.
You know what the worst part is? In this current survival mode I only felt a LITTLE bit guilty about the cartoons and that awesome breakfast of champions I gave to my girls. They're young, right? They'll bounce back.

4 comments:
dang right, they will bounce right back!! :) Survival mode is how it works sometimes...
Ya know, cereal ALWAYS made me super sick in my first like...4 months! ALWAYS made me want to upchuck...I had to go with more substantial things...like breakfast bowls (that had potatoes and eggs, etc. in them). weird, huh?
hoping this passes SOON!
Oh girl - I completely understand what you are saying. When I was pregnant with Brylee, the first 4 months all I did was lay down and Addyson was glued to the tv.....non-stop, everyday. I hated it, but to even exert energy to grab her a cup of milk from the kitchen threw me into a nasty sick spell. Oh, I don't envy you in the least! I also don't blame you!! Plus, your girls are helping eachother learn and grow right now too. They will be fine.
I sure hope if gets better for you soon! Have you ever looked into the Vitamin B shot? When I finally learned about it - it made the greatest difference on my nausea! It was painful to get (in the hip) but so worth it!! It lasted for two weeks at a time and life was good :)
Oh Poor Britt! I am so sorry, and totally understand. If you recall I had morning, noon and night sickness every single day of my pregnancy up to the day I gave birth, that's right I threw-up countless times during labor! Maybe this ones a boy and that's why its so different from your other 2? Ok so I am driving up one of these days that works best for you and taking the girls to play with Ella and I! Hang in there!
Call me at 7:20. Call me at 6:00. I don't care what time it is. I'd love to watch little Ali anytime you need to run Em around. I'd love to watch both of them. I'll even feed them fresh fruit and whole-wheat pancakes (actually maybe waffles, instead). I'll even drive to your house so you don't have to make yourself late by driving out to mine.
Post a Comment