Thursday, February 4, 2010

Photowalk: Take one

Good news, I'm alive! Ha, I think. I'll tell you what, this pregnancy has grabbed a hold of me and taken me on one crazy, sickening ride. I'm starting to wonder if its ever going to slow down. But, that's a story for another time because just typing about it is making me sick. So, on to the purpose of this post...my first photowalk. In January one of my good photog. buddies made a new years resolution to get her camera out once a week, for fun, not work. Thus, a photowalk. She opened it up to others who were wanting to do the same thing, that way, we can see what the others are up to. Of course I jumped on that band wagon. I've been super blessed in my photography biz but it has resulted in me only getting my camera out for the 3-5 shoots I do a week. I'm excited to start shooting just for fun again. The photowalks will give me a chance to not only do that, but also to work on new skills. Anyway, everyone else on this photowalk journey is on their 4th or 5th one by now. Yeah, I haven't even done one. I decided I had better drag myself away from the toilet and hop to it before they kick me out. So,Dave and I loaded up the girls and headed out to antelope island to capture some sunset glory.

Oh, how I love a good sunset. It always touches something in my heart and reminds me of all the good in the world (as corny as that sounds).

A good sunset, is what I've been needing.


Dave and I had us a little competition, as we often do, to see who could take the best picture. We each grabbed a camera body and picked out a lens and went to work. He won, of course. Sunsets take patience to capture. And when it comes to patience, he has a lot more of it than I do. Any guesses on which picture Dave took?

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh my GORGEOUS!! I love them all... you found an amazing sunset. :) I'm so glad you're feeling up to joining us... I'm sure great things are going to come from you and Dave both. :)

JoAnna Williams said...

I love the new Pic on top of your layout.

Rachel Holloway said...

wait, are you not private anymore?! It just showed up in my google reader. HOORAY! I have been thinking about you tons and hoping you were feeling better!!

Kati said...

I am guessing that Dave took the middle picture- the one more close up- he has an unusual eye for photography- thank goodness he can snap away and he can share the vision. Hope you start feeling better soon. hyrum keeps making you cards, I really should send them...

Jess Young said...

I love your new picture at the top. My favorite sunset was the middle one. But I must say, you really are one of the most patient of all people I've ever met.