Let's hear it for the boy (fabulous song by the way)! He swam 1 whole mile...
(Go ahead and whistle at that hiney in a wet suit...I did)
and then biked 24.8 miles...

and then finished by running a 10K.

That's right, Dave added a Triathlon to his many achievements. Seriously, I'm so amazed by this guy. In the last 5 years he has ran a marathon, biked Lotoja (which fun fact, is more miles than Lance Armstrong has biked in a single day), biked over half-a-dozen centuries and now finished a triathlon. It's very important to me that our girls grow up with the desire to be active. So I love that I can point to their daddy as an example. I just wish he would train a bit more sometimes. I tell you, his "hmm not really ready for this but let's give it a shot" attitude sure makes me nervous sometimes. Did you hear that Dave? Nervous! Anyway, Dave's sister also did the Olympic length Tri. and his brother-in-law did the sprint Tri.
Pretty cool, eh? But wait it gets even better...his baby sister ran a marathon the same day. Can you say, one awesome family?!
And umm about the photography or lack of...it turned out to be quite difficult manning the camera one handed while bouncing back and forth holding a sleepy two-year-old over my GI-NORMOUS belly all the while trying to keep tabs on my curious 5 yr old who kept wandering off to visit a horse. Who would have known it could be such hard work being a spectator ;). Thank goodness for Zazoosh.
3 comments:
I am in awe. Way to go, Dave!! (And Britt for being such an amazing spectator. :)
Yeah, what a day, eh. I am amazed that Dave can just up and do a tri without training. I trained and just about gave up a third of the way into the run.
YAY! THanks for blogging about this!!! That is just soooo awesome DAVE!!!! You are so funny- don't forget all that you have accomplished too girl! You have biked a century, been pregnant 3x, scrapbooked books, expanded your knowledge in cooking and photography, started a booming photo business, crocheted blankets, become a zumba-ite, read great books, and raised two beautiful fantastically fun girls all in the last 5 years and a bit! YOU are an amazing example to your kids- your kids have a lot to look up to as they look at you and Dave. And thanks for mentioning my marathon- that made me smile! We are one crazy CRAZY family :)
Post a Comment