Saturday, June 19, 2010

Yes, I'm THAT big.

It's almost 8:30 in the morning and my little early-rising monkeys are still fast asleep. Sa-weet! One of the many perks of summer...it's easy to exhaust the little ones into slumbering for hours. Apparently two full days of fun in the sun will do that. We just got back late last night from an awesome camping trip with some awesome friends where somehow I didn't take a single picture. Nope, not one. Anyway, there was perfect weather...you know the kind where you can play happily all day and still sneak a tent nap in in the middle of the day, that is if you can convince the kiddos to...grrrr.


Yummy dutch oven food...where I did learn the hard way that no matter what the recipe says 1 tbsp. of Cayenne pepper is too much...umm sorry guys


Lots of shade, exploring room and warm mineral pools to soak and play in nearby.


The girls of course loved the pools. Ali pretty much "swam" the Olympic one numerous times in nothing but her little arm floaties while Emma floated cautiously near the edge of the pool. I wish you could have seen Emma. She could hardly move because of all of her floating devices but still insisted on having one of us adults VERY close by. There were a few times she was on her own (meaning Dave or I were more than two steps away from her) and Ali "swam" out to rescue her. Too funny. It sure kills me how different those two are. Sure love them.

Anyway, onto the highlight of the whoooole trip and my whole reason for blogging. While I was playing in one of the pools with the monkeys an adorable, blond-haired, 7 year old girl named Madison who spoke with the cutest little accent came over to visit. Seriously, I love how social little kids are and how much they can talk..and talk...and talk. I learned more about little Madison in 20 minutes than I have about some of my friends I have had for years. To open up the lines of communication little Madison pointed straight at my belly and asked me what my baby was. I told her it was a surprise and asked her what she thought it was. She thought on it for a second and then said....

You ready for this...


"triplets"


Yup. Apparently that's how big I look in a swimming suit. Excuse me while I go find a corner and cry. Haha, no seriously, I laughed pretty dang hard. As did all around us who heard the convo. Ahhh kids, sure do enjoy them and their honesty.

Now, is it time for this baby to come out YET?!

2 comments:

Jess Young said...

Glad you had a fun trip! Do you guys want to go to the Uintas with us in August?

Brittney said...

Sure...depending on when this monkey decides to pop out.