Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Never to Forget


Almost every morning I am woken by the clanking and sloshing of the juice pitcher being carried down the hall. "Morning Mama, you get me juice?" and when I head to the kitchen to get a glass for her juice I usually find that she has wrangled up her own breakfast...and a mess.

*****

Not long after we found out I was pregnant Ali stopped letting me call her baby. Anytime I do she declares, "I big girl, your baby right there (pointing at my stomach)". When she is tired and we are snuggling though she asks me to call her my "baby big girl".

*****

She tried banishing a little boy from nursery this last week because he pooped in his diaper. I guess when we were potty training her (over a year ago, I should note) I shouldn't have told her they will kick her out of her beloved class if she gets poop in her undies. Hehe. What a memory she has.

*****

Her best friends are "M'emma and Lola". I'm pretty sure Lola is imaginary.

*****

Last but certainly not least...she wants to be a boy. She is set on it. "Pwetty pwease cut my hair like Daddy. I want be a boy!" and then after a 15 minute argument where I tried to persuade her about the glories of being a girl (which is quite hard, I assure you, in the stage of pregnancy) she started rocking back and forth pleading, "Please help me be boy, please help me be boy". I've now banned Dave from his, hoping-this-is-a-baby-boy comments.

6 comments:

Jen J. said...

Your kids are so cute! I can't wait to see what you are having...not too much longer, right?

HappyHodges said...

Adorable little Ali! She is getting SO big!

Heather Rose said...

What a cute girl she is!

Jess Young said...

Priceless.

Kati said...

I used to want to be a boy too... Sometimes- like when I am camping and have to squat to pee, wipe, beary the TP, and wash my hands- I still do envy those boys who get to just stand there, pee, and move on with life and it isn't this whole large production to go tinkle...I remember one time my mom did let me cut my hair short- it was hideous! Maybe I will have to dig those ugly pictures out and show Ali if she doesn't move past this in 5 years :) Wishing for a baby girl comments are banned from our house too for the same reason... Good luck with that!

Mike said...

I still have an extra dollar or two in my wallet...