Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Good Morning

Today was a good morning. Dave was home. The girls were happy. We went to our favorite local farm to pick some fresh strawberries.

Ali took the whole outing very seriously.

"Leave me alone, I doin' my job!" I heard more than once.

So I did...or so she thought.

Apparently her job included sampling the strawberries too.

Emma worked with Dave in finding the very best and juiciest ones. Their bucket was FULL of them.

They were warm and sweet and beyond delicious. Ali's bucket was full of hard green ones and small squished, on the verge of rotten ones.

I didn't taste Ali's but I did ooh and aah over them and told her job well done.
Then it was home to make strawberry mascarpone crepes for lunch. Dave turned on the tunes really loud and we all jammed out to Taylor Swift (Dave and the girls love her so I tolerate her) and Miley Cyrus' "Party in the USA". Dave even taught the girls some new dance moves, one named the sprinkler. Emma, in turn, taught him some Zumba moves. My belly was jumping and jolting like crazy. Dave joked that the baby was dancing too. It was. There was laughing, running, dancing, cooking and chattering. I was content. I was happy. I couldn't think of anywhere else I would rather be. All of the previous days fears, frustrations and tears were completely forgotten. A good morning. The BEST kind of morning.

5 comments:

Brandon and Teresa R said...

I sooo admire how on-the-go you guys are! You look great, and if this isn't too creepy, I'm DYING to know what you're having! I can't wait!!

Rachel Holloway said...

such a perfect morning. :) It looks like a dream. LOVE your family outings. TOTALLY precious!

Wilson Family said...

Sounds like so much fun!

HappyHodges said...

Fun.. we actually were there yesterday morning too! Gotta love summer:)

Kati said...

Those moments (or day if you are lucky :)) are so precious! Contentment- a priceless gift. I am so happy for you guys! Great pictures!