***Note, I actually wrote this post a month ago and was just waiting to take some pictures to accompany it. Haha, SLACKER!***
Have I told you the story yet about how Canyon came into this world screaming and then continued to scream the first 4 months of his life? In fact right after he was born he screamed and hollered and carried on without pausing for a good 2 hours while I cooed and caressed and ogled over the sweet little fire ball that was now mine. My nurse (loved her) kept chuckling and commenting on how we were going to have our hands full with 'that one'. And boy did we ever.
And then... 4 months hit and a strange thing started to happen. He started to chill out a bit. And now at 6 months he is an absolute delight. He is so calm and easy-going and loves to smile. Every once in awhile we will still catch a glimpse of the little fire ball, though. His birdie toy brings it out in him. Remind me to tell you that story sometime. It's quite funny.
So here we are at 6 months and I am more in love with my sweet/fiery babe than ever.
He is such a mama's boy! Seriously. I love it. We spend more time together now than when I was growing him in my womb. Not possible? You'd be surprised. Just ask Dave. Poor Dave ;). I have to confess... I baby Canyon. Perhaps to an extreme. Dad-stop laughing this instant! In my defense, he's my baby baby. My last. And he loves his snuggles.
A little bit more about Canyon...
He still doesn't sleep. He will take a couple 20 min. naps during the day and then is up every hour to two hours at night. The longest he has ever slept in a stretch was 3 hours and that was back when he was a newbie. I plan on sleep training him a bit when we move and he has his own room. Ha! We'll see how that goes ;).
He only rolls one way. He spends most of the day on his tummy. As soon as we lay him down on the floor he flips over onto his belly. You could say he likes his tummy time. He is starting to figure out how to bring his knees under him. Whimper.
He takes a bottle and a binkie. Miracle! My girls never did.
Head tickles/rubs and lullabies calm him down instantly.
He drools...a lot. If I had a dime for every time someone asked me if he was teething I'd be rich.
He loves playing handsies. He has a thing for hands.
When he laughs he sounds like a squeaky toy.
He has the most edible thighs I have ever seen. Yum.
He is in the 10th-15th percentile for height and weight.
His nicknames are Brother Bear and Rawr-Rawr. Rawr-Rawr because he growls all day long. It's quite endearing.
He loves his sisters. He lights up when he sees them. Yes, even though he has been sat on and body-slammed by Ali numerous times.
If you haven't guessed it...we love our little Canyon man!





4 comments:
oh, he is so cute! i can't stand it. what will i do when i can't hold him in relief society??
miss you guys already!
SO precious!
And so glad he's chilling out some...though don't know how you are doing it on so little sleep! ahhhh!
Oooh!!! I ADORE him and we dont even know each other yet! (And that is another crying shame right there!!) The pictures and the descriptions (even the screaming part) made me drool and even a touch baby hungry ( and since that is now pretty much impossible, I am going to need to meet that little man of yours and love and hold and coo him!) Love it and the entire Miller clan! Miss you much!
Love this post Britt! And I miss seeing the little handsome guy.
Post a Comment