Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Proud Parent

(picture courtesy of Melinda Smith Photography)

"MOM, COME QUICK!!!"

So of course I grabbed a very wet and naked baby out of the tub and went running off to the girls' room...

"Look!" Emma yelled while pointing down at a piece of paper Ali was practicing her letters on, "Ali knows ALL her letters!!"

Emma then proceeded to ask Ali to write specific letters and applauded - and by applauded I mean jumped up and down clapping and whooping with joy-each and every time Ali did it.  Emma then looked up at me with tears glinting in her eyes (seriously) and her arms hugged tightly to her chest and said,

"I think I'm going to cry.  I'm so happy I'm going to cry.  I don't want Ali to grow up."

That Emma girl, she's a proud parent ;).  Love her old soul and tender heart.

4 comments:

Dave said...

I agree with Emma I don't want either of them to grow up they are a fun age!

Kati said...

Oh that is just too sweet! I am so proud of Ali that she know all her letters + being able to write them!!! WOW! Impressive!

Mindy said...

Oh my goodness, that is the cutest thing ever!! I love your kids, and I love your stories. :)

Shilo said...

You seriously have THE best stories...and I'm so glad you share! Sounds like so much fun!!!