* You need 4-wheel drive to reach it. And if it's really snowy...chains too.
* During the winter the water is shut off. Luckily we have two huge water tanks, one in our garage and one in the "water room" in the basement, that we live off of. Together they hold 4,000 gallons of water. The problem? They are almost out. We are on major water conservation.
* Almost every day we see herds of deer, elk and some wild bunnies scampering about. The deer are actually pretty tamed. Rumor has it you can feed them from your hand.
* It has 5 gas fireplaces...one in every room. Delightful!
* We have to drive 2.5 miles to a dumpster to deposit our trash.
* Our house is pretty much made up of windows. And the views out of each are amazing. Here's a peeksy off of our front deck.
* Our driveway is long, steep and kind of squirrely. Tricky to drive on but excellent for sledding.
* We have to plow our own roads. We were able to borrow a 4-wheeler and hooked a plow up to it. Dave is in serious heaven every time it snows.
* The handful of neighbors we have up here are awesome. There is actually a family with two little girls Emma's age that live in the house closest to us. The kicker? They moved from the exact same neighborhood we just did 7 yrs. ago.
* The nearest McDonalds is over 20 miles away. Ha! Take that fake food!
*We have to be careful when we let Howie out that the bald eagles don't get him. And to think, I always thought that one scene in, The Proposal, was a joke. You know, the one with Kevin and the eagle? Bwahahaha.
I know it sounds cheesy but I still can't believe we live here. It's pretty much, to a T, our dream home. Well, besides the whole water part ;). Small price to pay though, right? When I get everything in order I'll post more pics.

5 comments:
I don't know what I'd do about having a MCD's 20 miles away.
I'm addicted to their diet coke.
It's a magical combination of the extra bubbles and the larger straw that makes their diet coke supreme. I'm just sayin'.
So.... no flushing, huh?
(I can't wait to see the rest of the house!)
My Dearest Britt! I LOVE all of this! I just finished taking the bar and want to come see you, the fam, and the awesome new house! Wow. What a dream. I couldn't be happier for you. You deserve to have your dreams come true!!!! Seriously! I love you so much and am so happy for you! Let's chat soon! Let me know when it gets less crazy for you. --Em
I don't know how I somehow missed that you were moving--I was shocked when you mentioned moving boxes the other day! Where are you now?? And why the heck did you move to the middle of no man's land?!?! lol! :)
Hope you're settling in and getting over the craziness that ALWAYS comes with moving! :)
Is it weird that the descriptions made a lump form in my throat?!?! Lol I dint know if it is the beauty I can imagine, how proud I am and happy that you are living your dream or maybe it is pure jealousy lol jk! Cant wait to see it XOXO!
When we were growing up we had a saying (I am not sure why, but for a short period we were in water consevation mode too) "If it's yellow, it's mellow. If it's brown- FLUSH IT DOWN!" Ah! I am just still so happy for you!!!
Post a Comment