After hearing quite a bit about this book, both the good and the bad, I was excited to read it and ended up thoroughly enjoying it. I'd even venture to say it's one of my favorites. The author really puts it all out there and doesn't hold anything back. As I read I was amused, shocked and sometimes even slightly offended. I obviously didn't agree with her empty threats, yelling, insults and continual belittling of her children but I found myself nodding whole-heartedly in agreement and possibly even taking notes when she stated that we should assume strength and fortitude in our children, not fragility and I truly admired the time she spent "in the trenches" and have vowed to become a more hands on mom myself. Really, I could talk about this book all day. In short though, it's a must read. Friday, September 30, 2011
Battle Hymn of The Tiger Mother
After hearing quite a bit about this book, both the good and the bad, I was excited to read it and ended up thoroughly enjoying it. I'd even venture to say it's one of my favorites. The author really puts it all out there and doesn't hold anything back. As I read I was amused, shocked and sometimes even slightly offended. I obviously didn't agree with her empty threats, yelling, insults and continual belittling of her children but I found myself nodding whole-heartedly in agreement and possibly even taking notes when she stated that we should assume strength and fortitude in our children, not fragility and I truly admired the time she spent "in the trenches" and have vowed to become a more hands on mom myself. Really, I could talk about this book all day. In short though, it's a must read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love love love the new header. :)
I'll have to look for that book... sounds interesting!
Post a Comment