My Ali girl, she turned 4.
She waltzed out of her room on her birthday morning, stood proudly on her tiptoes and made us admire how tall she was now that she was 4. She chose a family fun day for her birthday...swimming and her choice of lunch out, which ended up being a kid's meal at Mcdonalds (she was pleased as punch that she got her very own meal and didn't have to split something from the dollar meal with her siblings. We're cheap like that).
We ended up finishing up the day with cake at our house with a few close friends. Emma and I had worked most of the afternoon on her cake--a dark chocolate layered one with a raspberry buttercream and a thick ganache drizzle. It was lovely. And so was Ali as she blew out her candles. Unfortunately, I'm the world's worst mother and didn't capture any of it on camera. Who does that?
Now, how about a few of my favorite Ali quotes from lately?
"Daddy! Don't call people suck! It's inapplopliate (inappropriate)!"
"Vanilla oreos are more healthier than chocolate oreos"
"Hey mom, I pooped on the floor. Are you mad?"
I woke up one morning to Ali laying in bed next to me stroking my cheeks and whispering, "You are my special thing and I'm going to marry you one day."
Ali has apparently pegged my love for babies because one afternoon when she was angry at me for something or other she put one hand on her hip and pointed a finger at me while hollering, "And you will NEVER watch my child! Never!" Is it bad that I laughed?
Speaking of Angry Ali, she has taken to belting out Taylor Swifts "Mean" song every time she is on timeout. You know how it goes..."All you're ever going to be is MEEEAAAANNN".
And speaking of Taylor Swift, Ali is her biggest fan. In fact while we were having family pictures taken she told our photographer Taylor Swift's birthday. The exact date, mind you. She still doesn't know the specific date of her own birthday, just that it's near fall.
I asked Ali whether she would like to take tumbling, dance or ice-skating lessons. She hunched over, scrunched her face up in an intimidating way and growled "I want to play FOOTBALL!! I'm going to fight and tackle people!!" The girl is obsessed with football. In fact all she wanted for her birthday was to go to a "go Utes" football game and go on the field and play with them. Small request, right?
We sure love our Ali girl and the little ball of passion that she is.




2 comments:
How can you NOT love that girl? I mean, seriously... she's lovable times a thousand. And just so you don't feel bad, I miss photo ops of EVERYTHING with my kids. I'm the worst.
She is adorable.
Post a Comment