Friday, February 3, 2012
Book Review: The Hiding Place
I bought this book as the Kindle version for my Ipad. And boy, do I regret it. I wish I had bought a hard copy of it so I could read it again and again with a highlighter in hand. This book wasn't just good or even amazing it was life changing. I've read and studied a lot about the holocaust over the years. In fact one of my most memorable classes in college was a history class devoted solely to Nazi Germany and the Holocaust. It was without a doubt a very dark period in time. And yet, I walked away from this book (which was set in that time period) feeling light and inspired and knowing that yes, love and faith can indeed conquer all. Read it. You must. With a highlighter in hand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I've read that one many times... and I agree with everything you said. It's amazing that something can be written about something so horrific, and it ends up making you a better person... uplifted and inspired.
Post a Comment