It happened like this, Dave and I, (and of course the chickens, we never leave home without them) were driving somewhere. Dave stated that he was nearing his all time high weight. I started bemoaning about all my jiggles, an extra 25 lbs. of them to be exact. I'm not sure who actually originally bet who but suddenly the bet of $100 to whoever could lose the most weight in 6 weeks was on the table. We invited a couple of family members to join the fun, the pot grew and wa-la..our own little biggest loser competition. I decided to document my journey here. It will keep me that much more accountable, right?
Week one: -6.6 lbs.
We are now in the middle of week 2. I've been hitting the bike trainer hard every night. Which is good because not only is it a good place for some serious calorie burning but the roads are still snowy and I've signed up for a couple of really fun biking events this summer that I need to start getting ready for. I also add in Wii Zumba and some circuit routines throughout the week. As far as diet goes I've just been watching my cals. I'm actually really enjoying trying to plan out how to get the most nutrients in in the least amount of calories.
I also have a mantra...you know, to chant to myself when I am faced with a cupcake or think about climbing into bed early and skipping my evening workout.
Success and nothing less.
I plan on spending the pot money on some new biking and running duds... or maybe a new swimsuit.
Wish me luck!
5 comments:
SO FUN!!! I am excited to see how this all turns out (though, I hope you're going off percentages...not pounds!)
Good luck! :) You and Dave need to do the Tough Mudder with us... you have until the end of February to get the cheapest price. :)
On Sunday I was just thinking how how good you looked! I should have said something! Keep it up, you are doing AWESOME!!!!
Good luck. By the way, B is doing tough mudder as well.
Yes, we are most definitely going off percentage :)
Post a Comment