Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Week 2: Weigh in

Week 1: -6.6 lbs
Week 2: -2 lbs

Only two pounds down this past week.  I'm not going to lie, I was kind of bummed.  But, I realize I can't lose 6 + lbs every week and it is 2 lbs closer to reaching my goal.

This week I'm going to start incorporating cardio bursts (20 min. high intensity cardio workouts) every morning in addition to my regular workouts.  Also, I'm going to try and get a couple of runs in this week just to mix things up.  I miss, really, really miss running our mountain.  It's still covered in snow and ice, though, so for now I'll have to hit the roads.

Btw-new favorite exercise found here.

Also noteworthy, I finally gave black bean brownies a shot this past week.  I'm obviously trying to cut out all "fluff" calories but after crashing our car, I had to make it up to the chickens for having to cancel our movie and shopping plans with grandma. I figured some brownies and a netflix movie might soften the blow. So I grabbed one of our many brownie mixes (thanks to my sisters' mad couponing skills) out of the cupboard and a can of black beans. The result? Tasty! Honestly, I don't think I will ever make brownies from a box the regular way again. They were that good!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Hmmm... I tried the black bean brownies awhile ago... my boys ate them, because they didn't know, but I couldn't stop tasting the beans. I do think if I didn't know, I might like them better. ;)

Brittney said...

Seriously? Ha! Maybe I was just extra hungry but I didn't taste the beans at all ;). Plus I really liked the texture of them.

Kati said...

BRITT? Are you guys ok??? "After crashing our car..." Please let me know. I worry. Ummmm also! First victory- you kept off that 6 lbs! CONGRATS!!!! AND you lot two more on top of that! You are awesome! I hope that in 3 months your determination will rub off on me :)