Today as I was taking down the Christmas decorations, and patting myself on the back because it's not even Valentine's day yet, I realized I never blogged about our Christmas tree excursion. Considering I blogged about Halloween 6 weeks late I figured it would be okay to blog about our Christmas tree in January. This was the second year in a row we bought a permit to head into the mountains and cut down our own tree. By far, one of my new favorite Christmas traditions. Not only does it save us a boat load of mullah (only $7 for a permit for any tree under 24 ft) it is lot of fun and ensures at least 4 solid hours with my little familia. Not to mention, it's nice to have a tree so fresh it won't start dropping needles until February. Don't ask me how I know.
One cold afternoon in the beginning of December we loaded the kiddos and pups into the truck and headed off into the great outdoors.
Emma, Ali and Bella had a blast.
Don't let her serious expression fool you, I'd never seen her so happy. Bella girl was allll over the place, leaping over snow banks left and right, with her tail wagging like a whip all the while.
Canyon and Howie, on the other hand, spent a lot of time shivering and hiding in the truck.
Poor boys. I suppose it's not a true Miller family outing unless someone is crying ;).
After much searching we finally found THE tree.
Well, one that would work anyway. We were quickly losing daylight and had to get back home so Dave could dart off to work.
Dave had plenty of help chopping the tree down...
And dragging it out.
While loading the tree into the back of the truck we realized we had failed to notice a huge bare spot-like the whole back of the tree bare spot- and wild and crazy branches sprouting off in all different lengths and directions.
Let's just say our tree this year definitely had character. Cookie cutter trees from the tree lots are over rated anyway if you ask me ;). Can't wait until next year's excursion.
1 comment:
I loved the year we cut our own tree! We have a fake tree now... we're so boring.
Post a Comment