Thursday, January 24, 2013

Proud to be...


Diaper free!

Alright and maybe a little sad as being diaper free means there are no more babies in the house. Love me some babies. 

Except for a brief respite in between Ali and Canyon I've been changing diapers for 7.5 years now! 7.5! That's almost high school x2.

It's no secret I've been dreading potty training Canyon.  In fact, I think potty training should be used as a form of torture. I finally bit the bullet about a week ago and let Canyon pick out some big boy undies at the store.  He chose cars and trucks in case you were wondering.  He was so excited about those undies he slept with them for three nights straight. With undies picked out we began potty training boot camp.  And you know what?  It wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting.  Maybe it was because by child #3 I knew what to expect. Or maybe it was because Emma and Ali were the best little helpers.


They spent hours coaxing Canyon to do his business in the potty and singing songs with him and reading him  a million books while he was on the pot. Or it could have been easier than expected because Canyon had only a few accidents and each time he did he was absolutely devastated by them. Not to mention he was also easily motivated by bribery (see above yellow dump truck).  Whatever the reason, I'm happy it was a relatively easy experience and that I will never, never, never have to potty train again.

Btw- I don't think there is anything cuter than an undie clad little boy pushing around a dump truck.

No comments: