For the past 4 years I have spent Mother's Day in Moab (since i have been married to Dave). I absolutely love the tradition. What can be a better mother's day present than 4 days in beautiful surroundings with my sweet little family. Dave had just finished working 71 hrs. in 4 1/2 days (ouch)! My dad always says you need to work hard and play hard. Me and Dave try to live by that motto. We went with B, Jess and sweet Baby Josh. Thursday was a chill at camp day. We set up and waited for B and Jess to arrive. When the afternoon got hot we headed to a local park. It was really cool, it was packed with huge home-made musical instruments. Friday was "DIGGIN DAY" we spent the day in canyonlands jeepin Elephant hill. Before starting on the trail we stopped at newspaper rock.
Emma loved seeing how the Indians colored on the rock. The rock covers over 2,000 years of history. Crazy huh. Elephant hill was a blast. Emma rated our climb by yelling either "baby diddin" or "BIG diddin" according to how much she was tossed around. Our original plan was to hike Chesler Park, a favorite, but I tell ya in 97 deg. and short on water a six mile hike just sounded out. We did pick up some friendly, hairy, hitchhikers at the trail head though. We went to the convergence overlook instead. It was only a mile round trip. The view was amazing. The green river and the Colorado river, both of different colors, meet. It was really cool to see.
Man i tell ya even though it was a loooooong way down it was tempting to jump in. Oh FYI Canyonlands is not pet friendly. Poor Howie. Saturday we woke up early to beat the heat and hiked to Delicate Arch. It was the first time we have ever had the arch to ourselves.
Its surprising more people aren't morning people. It was fun not having to fight for picture ops. Sat. afternoon we decided to try a diggin trail our neighbor suggested, The Top of The World trail. It was bumpy but fun (unless you ask B and Jess). We wanted to bike it so bad, it was just callin out to us. But well mountain biking probably isn't a great idea for me right now and Dave had to drive. The view at the top was indescribable! It frustrates me because it was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen but describing it just doesn't do it justice. You could see for miles. You could see green fields and sandstone towers, the river, and a maze of hoo-doos, all from a 3,000 ft. drop off. Emma was so good the whole trip.
It was so fun to be together and hang with Jess and B. What a great Mother's day! Pssstt. Dave I'm still going to hold you to the quiet morning and breakfast in bed that was promised in my mother's day postcard.
Emma loved seeing how the Indians colored on the rock. The rock covers over 2,000 years of history. Crazy huh. Elephant hill was a blast. Emma rated our climb by yelling either "baby diddin" or "BIG diddin" according to how much she was tossed around. Our original plan was to hike Chesler Park, a favorite, but I tell ya in 97 deg. and short on water a six mile hike just sounded out. We did pick up some friendly, hairy, hitchhikers at the trail head though. We went to the convergence overlook instead. It was only a mile round trip. The view was amazing. The green river and the Colorado river, both of different colors, meet. It was really cool to see.
Man i tell ya even though it was a loooooong way down it was tempting to jump in. Oh FYI Canyonlands is not pet friendly. Poor Howie. Saturday we woke up early to beat the heat and hiked to Delicate Arch. It was the first time we have ever had the arch to ourselves.
Its surprising more people aren't morning people. It was fun not having to fight for picture ops. Sat. afternoon we decided to try a diggin trail our neighbor suggested, The Top of The World trail. It was bumpy but fun (unless you ask B and Jess). We wanted to bike it so bad, it was just callin out to us. But well mountain biking probably isn't a great idea for me right now and Dave had to drive. The view at the top was indescribable! It frustrates me because it was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen but describing it just doesn't do it justice. You could see for miles. You could see green fields and sandstone towers, the river, and a maze of hoo-doos, all from a 3,000 ft. drop off. Emma was so good the whole trip.
It was so fun to be together and hang with Jess and B. What a great Mother's day! Pssstt. Dave I'm still going to hold you to the quiet morning and breakfast in bed that was promised in my mother's day postcard.

5 comments:
honey you added a picture to your identity I think that is what you call it. any way I can see a picture of the fam when you leave a comment. we sure had fun over the weekend to bad it had to end although a shower was nice.
Oh my Gosh!!! I am so jealous!!! I wish I could have gone!! But I as always did it backwards I started school in the summer instead of taking it off! Emma is such a doll! Your pics are great. That one of you and Emma on the rock over nothing scared me a little bit but that is way awesome. I love you guys and I am glad you had a Happy Mothers day!!
A shower was glorious! We need to swap pics.
Fun Fun --for YOU! I am so glad you guys are doing the things you love! We need to go for a day hike this summer together up timp! CONGRATS ON A GIRL! I am so very excited for you guys! Wahoo! Later-
fun fun
Post a Comment