Monday, May 28, 2007

The Great Salt Lake Shorelands Preserve



After grabbing some Chinese food (yum) for lunch we decided to take Emma to the shoreland preserve. After all we can't waste a perfectly beautiful day that Dave actually has off! It was gorgeous, the wetlands with the mountains in the background. It was also interesting learning about all the different birds and their migratory patterns. Did you know the Franklin's Gull flies over 5,000 miles. Crazy to imagine such a little thing making a journey like that. Emma loved just running and running and running on the boardwalk. She also met some "friends" at the top of the observation tower. They played a version of tag for awhile. I tell ya that girl finds friends everywhere. Dave picked Em a cattail, she treasured it all the way home. The only downer is that we forgot our binoculars so we couldn't see the birds very well. Ah well next time!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

The Scrivers said...

It sounds like you put the beautiful day to good use! It looks like you all had a wonderful time! Luv you all bunches!

Jess Young said...

My highlight on Monday was sleeping in until 9:00 with the exception of a half hour from 7:30 to 8:00

Emily said...

I cannot believe how adventureous you are! I love it! I have this fear of becoming boring once I get married, but you are my shinning example of married-coolness (a title I just made up).

Brad and Kati Baxter said...

Sorry I didn't ask you help move, we got it all it two trucks. Brad hasn't let me buy much... But please, come see our home! We can have you all over to dinner some night! You guys sure keep yourselves busy! I have had to sit home all day, everyday, just in case somebody was coming to deliver our washer and drier. This was a long week!