Sunday, July 22, 2007

Farewell BBQ and Little Valley Days

These first few photos are from a farewell BBQ we went to on Friday night for Matt and Emmy. It was so much fun, lots of food, kids playing and grown-ups chatting. We are so sad they are moving their adorable little family all the way to Texas! It should be an awesome adventure for them though! Matt and Emmy will always be dear to me. When I was in my first trimester I was sooo sick and sooo tired, my house was a mess and my family had been living off of Mac & Cheese and canned soup. Emmy sent home the ultimate care package, a weeks worth of dinners (Emmy is an amazing cook) they even threw in a pack of Mt. Dew for Dave. I just cried and cried, it touched my heart so and was an answer to my prayers. You see how awesome they are! We have had so much fun going to U football games with them and on numerous camping trips. We are really going to miss them. P.S. Dave is now looking for a new biking buddy. Any takers? Saturday morning we headed to Mantua for Little Valley Days!!! We made it just in time for the parade. Emma was ecstatic watching everything go by and had to tell us about everything she saw!
I had to include a picture of the "anything that floats" contest just so you out-of-towners can see what a hmmmm whats the word, fun little town this is hehe. The challenge is to put together anything that floats and paddle it with homemade paddles out, around the buoys and back. Yes that is a couch you see taped on barrels and being propelled by what I think are pitchforks wrapped in duct tape. creative.
We had fun borrowing Grandpa's 4-wheeler and cruising around town. Em, couldn't get enough of it.
This is Emma and Mindy enjoying the fireworks. The fireworks are my favorite part. Mainly because it is so much fun visiting and catching up with old friends while we wait for the show.

Saturday was also mine and Dave's first date in over 7 months. We left Emma napping at Grandpa and Paula's house while we went diggin up the dougway and then to Brigham to share a fruit float. Although we were only gone an hour or so it was much needed. I forgot what it was like to just be with Dave. I fell in love with him a little bit more (if thats possible).
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Ann Michelle Miller said...

I can't believe how fast your little squeek heart is growing I am so excited for your new addition as well!!! Miss you guys keep in touch I need to go camping!

Emily said...

That is darling to say you "fell in love with him a little more." Oh...sigh. I know I say this a lot, but looking at these pictures remind me so much of us. That pool is the duplicate to our pool. I especially remember when we rolled in the mud then jumped in. hehehehee.

Jess Young said...

I wish we would have been up for more of little valley days.