Tuesday, July 17, 2007

This and That


I love this picture of Emma. I took it this morning at the park. It shows her innocence and her excitement of being outside and at the park. She didn't even care that it was raining she was just happy to have a break from the heat. This week has been pretty uneventful. I tell ya I have had the hardest time coming back from vacation. I have had no motivation to do my weekly deep cleaning or yard work or other grunge jobs that are just part of life. I feel like I should still be playin! Dave is on his sixth straight day out of seven. So its pretty much just been me and Em this week. We see Dave for a couple of hrs while we have dinner and what not but we miss him. The other day he spent about an hour just reading to Em out of her "Big Book" (her book of nursery rhymes and fairy tales) while I cleaned up dinner. Emma was so cute snuggled up with her daddy on the couch. Dave really misses her when he works so much. So what have we been up to you ask? Well we had another drs. apt. this week. I have them every two weeks now, you know what that means......i'm getting closer! Everything was great. My dr. is a little concerned that my belly is too small (HA! I feel huge!) and is going to monitor that. I'm not to worried, the same thing happened when I was pregnant with Em. Other than that me and Em pretty much spent the mornings hanging out in the front yard with the wading pool, Nemo bubble machine and ottor pops. The afternoons we would either hit the library (the women at the library all know Emma now and always give her bookmarks and what not when we come in, Em loves it), park if it wasn't crazy hot or indoor play area. I love my life. As I sit here typing about my average week it just hit me how lucky I am to be able to stay at home with my little girl and to take care of my family. Lets see what else....I was able to try a ton of yummy new recipes out and get some scrapbooking done, both things I love. Its been a good week. Oh yeah on an ending note it looks like Dave is in the final rounds for the job he interviewed for at southwest ambulance. He had to go get a physical for it this morning. Still crossing our fingers. Although to clarify I'm not excited for him to be working more but he is sooo excited for it. I hope he gets it.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jess Young said...

You sound like a scrap booker with those first few sentances. :)

Emily said...

Beautiful picture. I love the sephia effect. This pictures actually reminds me of a photo I have of us in that same pose at Willow Park. Funny how life comes full circle eh?

Brad and Kati Baxter said...

You and Em are two lucky girls to have such great average weeks. I have really felt really thankful lately that I am a stay at home mom. It has it challenges, but it is so awesome to know how influential we are with our kids. We make the world a better place! No really though, it is a blessing for our families! You should feel such purpose and what you do matters! Good luck with the crazy hot days of summer... Glad it's not me! J/K! The Gateway is fun, but I would never pay full price for it... If you do go, the website says that if you are from Utah it is only $8.50 a person. Nobody in my ward has gotten that deal because they didn't know about it. Play day at the Aquatic center sounds absolutely great to me! Let me know!