Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Backpack


Emma picked out her backpack today. Since then she has been filling it full of supplies and sporting it wherever she goes. And I mean everywhere, I caught her going potty while wearing it. By the way, how come kids seem to be drawn to the biggest, brightest, tackiest bags they can find? I remember when I was a wee one I was drawn to the exact same ones. Hmmm.

Anyway, I think Emma has mixed fillings about starting preschool in a couple of weeks. First, utter excitement. It's all she talks about. Second of all, apprehension at having to part with Ali for a few hours a day. At least 5 times a day I hear Emma telling Ali, "I'm so sorry, Ali, but I'm going to go to preschool. I'm going to miss you a lot Ali. So much. Really, really much."

Sweet little Emma, all on her own, came up with an idea to make Ali a book that Ali can look at when she starts to miss Emma, while Emma is at school. The book is going to be filled with pictures of Em and Emma is going to sign her name and write in it,"I love you so much. My name is Emma and I love you so much. I love you so much I could really kiss you. Don't worry, sissy will be back from preschool soon."

4 comments:

jessi9380 said...

Sometimes I wonder if you're just making this stuff up...:-)
They are such sweet little sisters, it's amazing.
Yay to you and Dave for making them so!

HappyHodges said...

Love that Girl! so freakin adorable! I love the tacky Backpack;) I cant believe lil Em is going to school!

Jess Young said...

I'm quite excited for her and still amazed that she is already old enough to be shopping for her first school backpack!

Kati said...

Awwwww- so dang sweet!