Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fun Fact


Did you know a giraffe's tongue can be anywhere from 18-22 inches long, long enough that they can lick almost any part of their face?! Kind of puts the whole "touch your nose with your tongue" trick to shame, eh?

So what have we been up to lately, that is, besides spending more time then we probably should taking pictures of giraffe tongues? We've been playing at the county fair, partying at birthday parties, exploring the zoo, taking long drives, swimming and splashing around at Cherry Hill, spending hours and hours at the local parks and of course peddling faaar on the bikes. Maybe when I get a spare minute I'll post more about our adventures. I have a hundred pictures (as you probably guessed) but sadly, not much time to blog them. What can I say, summer is deliciously busy. I can see it starting to wrap up, though. We have our last couple of camping trips and our last two biking events planned. Dave's bike ride commute home is now done partly in the dark. Emma and Dave both start school very soon. Beginning next week Cherry Hill will only be open on the weekends and I've already started booking fall sessions. Sigh. Summer always seems to fly by, doesn't it?

One last fun fact before I go. The giraffe's tongue is actually a blue-purplish color, not black. I was fooled for quite awhile on that one.

3 comments:

Shilo said...

That cracks me up! What a great picture!! Our summer has sadly wrapped up. Dev started school this week!! So sad. Anyway, next time we are in Utah we'll HAVE to get together!! It'd be so great to see you! Plan on next summer...I'll let you know when we know more!!

Kati said...

I am so behind on blogging and checking blogs too... I almost feel bad about not cleaning at this very moment! Busy summer, fun summer, but I think I am ready for fall. Where is Dave going to go to school? I didn't know that! Maybe I did, but assumed it was going to be in Alaska, or somewhere else.

Jess Young said...

Sure missed going to the fair WITH you and your girls.