
I adore it. I adore EVERYTHING about it. It's a boutique/antique store; an eccentric blend of old and new. It's chuck full of homemade goods and antiques. I love browsing it for treasures. And believe me, I've found plenty, like this chair and the ones shown here. I think I have a little addiction for antique chairs. Anywho, the thing I love most about the store is, it's got character. They have a little odds and ends jar near the check-out stand. You can take whatever you want out of it, as long as you put something back in it. The girls love it. Also, one of the ladies who works there is a pro at calligraphy and often writes out the little kids' names for them. Emma has hers rolled up like a scroll and keeps it in her treasure box. The best part? They sell penny candies. That's the main reason we frequent the store. I mean seriously...penny candies!!! They give you paper bags that say "dollars for democrats" on the front to put the penny candy in. The building used to belong to the democrats and apparently they left behind a whole hoard of paper bags. Waste not, want not, right? To sum up...love the store...check it out...the end.
1 comment:
I saw the new sign driving past on my way swimming one day. We'll have to stop by sometime. Ahh, penny candies, so many memories.
Post a Comment