Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Lotoja, baby!

So, I'm not a huge fan of playing catch-up on the blog, buuuuut, Lotoja was too cool not to blog about, even if it was a week and a half ago. Well, that and Dave keeps nagging me to blog about it ;). This year we did Lotoja as a relay team. I have to say it was a lot more relaxing, not nearly as rushed, as it was last year when Dave did it alone. That and this year I got to do some biking which of course made it so much more fun. Meet the team

Jeanine and Rod (such a COOL couple), Dave and moi and Larene (Dave's aunt)

Larene took the first stretch, Dave and Rod took the next two KILLER climb stages, Jeanine took the Afton to Alpine stretch and I (with Dave keeping me company) did the last 47 miles into Jackson. I have to say, it may very well be the best 47 miles I have ever biked. I pushed it really hard and felt like I did well. I felt strong, the scenery was absolutely breathtaking and the hills were fun. Ahhhh good times.

I loved the energy of the event. All of the events I have done have a certain energy to them, which is why I love events so much, but none of them compared to the energy of Lotoja. There were so many people along the sides of the road cheering us on. One lady was actually out in her back yard with the hose and sprayed all the bikers as we went by. It was glorious.

The best part? All the pros were getting tired by my stage, what with having 159 miles behind them already, so Dave and I were actually able to ride with quite a few, which was fun. Now, I'll stop my babbling, but before I go I must mention how AWESOME Dave did.

He had, in my opinion, the hardest stage and he not only ROCKED it but still kicked my butt on my stage. Seriously, I was in awe. Also, wanted to send out a HUGE thanks to Dennis and Paula for being our support crew and watching the monkeys.

I almost forgot...



the "crossing the finish line" picture, compliments of Zazoosh. BTW-if anyone is looking to get Dave a b-day present, he REALLY, REALLY wants this picture. Check out more pics here.

4 comments:

Krystal said...

You are amazing girl...simply amazing! Be proud, you guys did a wonderful job :)
Glad you had fun!!

HappyHodges said...

Way to go! What a huge accomplishment and way to have fun while doing it!

Kati said...

Why the crap do I cry when I read things like this??? Man, I have problems... Anyway congrats! I am so happy you guys had this wonderful experience!

Hyrum says, "I love you Emma and you are the best friend ever. And also you have been a really good friend to me."

Jen J. said...

Way to go, Britt! You are amazing!