BBQ chicken pizza straight from the pioneer woman.

Best. Pizza. Ever. So pretty and oh so yummy. Picture and recipe found here. If you are like me you will be tempted to skimp and go for the cheaper, already grated and in a nice little bag cheese. Don't. You'll thank me later. Promise. Oh and here is the BBQ sauce recipe I used.
2 cups apple cider vinegar
4 ounces tomato paste
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
1 1/2 tablespoons salt
3/4 tablespoon steak sauce
3/4 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
Mix all ingredients together in a sauce pan and let simmer for 10 minutes.
4 ounces tomato paste
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
1 1/2 tablespoons salt
3/4 tablespoon steak sauce
3/4 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
Mix all ingredients together in a sauce pan and let simmer for 10 minutes.
It's nice and tangy, perfect for the pizza.
And can I just say, it feels so good to be alive right now?! After being horrendously sick for a good 4+ months it feels great to be able to make and enjoy food again, to be able to go mt. biking and hit the gym everyday, to be able to play with my monkeys and take them out on excursions again. Heck, it's even nice to be able to take a hot shower. I spent the depths of winter taking nothing but freezing cold showers because like so many other things, the smell of heat, even just from hot water, would always make me yack. I'm much more appreciative of the simple things now. Life is good.
3 comments:
I am happy you are back! Hang in there! How is the little one?!?!
I am so happy that you are back!!!! You are so inspiring- picking right back up where you left off before you were sick- so impressive to me! I am so happy you are feeling good again- you deserve it! Can you feel Jr. moving yet??? Ali is a doll- that upper post was adorable!!! We better keep a close eye on her and Paul when they are together- Paul LOVES kissing!!! I am always telling him to save his lip kisses for his wife and that I do so love his cheek kisses!
Well, if you're hungry even in the middle of the night you should probably eat- maybe your baby is just as hungry as you are and he/she has lots of growing to do. Let me know if you ever want to do a bike ride. I ride on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Post a Comment