Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Conference and Cupcakes

Want to hear something phenomenal? My little monkeys sat quietly, well pretty quietly, during a whole session of conference. Yup, they even listened a little bit too. Emma would periodically ask me questions about the talk that was on and Ali would join in the conversation as well as she could. For my kids, this was nothing short of a miracle. We had some great conversations on if Jesus still loves us when we are naughty and if Jesus loves the bad dogs next door. Ali was quite concerned on both subjects. So much so that she was in tears for a short period of time. Haha. Anyway, the trick to such a peaceful conference session? I made let the girls help me decorate mini Easter bunny cupcakes for the kids dessert we were taking to the big family dinner later that day.

Their little hands were kept busy

and their little mouths were kept full.

It was delightful and at the end of the session Emma had a whole horde of adorable little cupcakes to show-off.

Ali, on the other hand just had a dirty face and a sick tummy. She ate every single cupcake she made. Which, after two hours happened to be quite a few.

I can't even tell you how nice it was to sit and listen to the talks in peace. I'm thinking conference and cupcakes are going to have to start going hand-in-hand from now on...at least for the next couple of years or so.

3 comments:

HappyHodges said...

Sounds Blissfully Perfect! And the girls look adorable and like I keep saying OLD!!!! I miss them and you, please give each other loves from me! Oh and BTW in the last pic of Ali she looks just like her momma!

Krystal said...

Love the idea....and the cupcakes are the cutest I've ever seen! You always amaze me with your skill and creative mind.

Jess Young said...

What a great time!