Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sprout


Ali and I have us a little ritual. Several times a day Ali will come up and look at me with her big, serious eyes and ask, "Marry me, Mama?" I promptly respond, "of course!" and then she always leans in with a little giggle because she knows what's coming next. "That way" I continue, "we can kiss all day and all night." And then I'm smothered in messy, giggly, frantic toddler kisses for a good minute or two. I love it, especially because I get to smell her slobber on me for the rest of the day. As gross as it is, I love the smell of my baby's drool. Too much information?

Speaking of the little monkey, we were in the car after dropping Emma off at preschool and I was just rambling off what-not to Ali and happened to ask, "Why is it raining?!" to which she responded, in a rather bored and don't-you-already-know tone of voice, "Cause the clouuuds make it, mama." Huh-what?! Where in the world did she pick that up from?! Apparently she listens to mine and Emma's non-stop ramblings more than I thought.

Love her.

2 comments:

HappyHodges said...

What a cute little stink! I miss that girl!

Krystal said...

So, SO CUTE! She is just a smart, little cookie too!

Funny, our kids are going through the same stages. Addyson LOVES puzzles, and Brylee always has some odd socks on her feet! She usually prefers someone else's sock....they never fit!

Glad you are back to eating again and enjoying this part of the pregnancy!