We had a visitor last night, of the small, green, mischievous kind.
Yep, a leprechaun.
Emma was head-over-heels delighted to wake up and witness the mischief the leprechaun had bestowed all over the house ... overturned couch cushions and stools, pillows tossed about, leprechaun dust all over the counter, green clothes hanging from the chandelier and of course, a jug full of green milk.
Emma was pretty much on cloud nine and couldn't stop giggling.
"I can't believe a real APRI-CON came! Just like when you were in school, huh, mom?!" More giggling.
Ali, on the other hand, was head-over-heels enraged. And I do mean ENRAGED.
There was much crying, wailing and gnashing of teeth.
The note of apology that Lucky left us on our whiteboard did nothing to soothe her rage.
"MAN! Now my chores are going to take twice as long!" I got a good chuckle over that one.
"This tastes like someone put their stinky breaf' into it!" as she gagged and spewed the green milk out.
"I HAAATE APRI-CONS!!!" There was an audible gasp from Emma at this point over the fact that her sister would say such a bad word.
and of course....more hysterical sobbing from Ali.
"Apri-cons SCARE me!"
I like to think it was the whole, not used to the time change and waking up at 5:00 am thing talking.
Nap time today? I think so.

3 comments:
Poor Ali. Glad the lepricons only left us with green eggs, green pancakes, and green juice.
He He... This is so great... glad you documented the reactions! Happy St. Patricks day!
Yes for naps.
Thank you for your sweet comment. And I love your pictures, such great vivid colors!
Post a Comment