Friday, March 2, 2012

19 months and counting

Would somebody please tell my little guy that it is March...and not October. 


He is quite obsessed with his pumpkin jammies.  No matter where I hide them, he finds them. By the way, those bright orange, eye-sore pajamas that he insists on sporting are size 12 mo. and are still quite loose on him.  I just took him in for his 19 mo. check-up (I'm a little behind) to find out that he hasn't even hit 20 lbs yet.  The only thing that registered on the charts was his little big head. He is indeed my little guy.

Back to the subject on hand....other things Canyon is obsessed with lately:

*his car, or vroom-vroom as he likes to call it. 


He spends 70% of the day waving good-bye to us and then making sure we know he isn't really leaving before he hops on his vroom-vroom and scootches around the house collecting treasures.


*Signing thank you.


He is the most polite little boy in the whole wide world.  He never and I mean NEVER forgets to say thank you (by signing). He even "told" the nurse thank you as she walked out of the room after giving him shots.  If you don't acknowledge him and promptly say 'you're welcome' he will start hollering and yelling at you while frantically continuing to sign thank you until you acknowledge him. It's adorable. And tiresome.

*Books with animals.  Thank heavens Emma and Ali can help read to him or I'd never get anything done.

*Shadowing me.  But that's really nothing new.  He is my buddy and never leaves my side. I'm pretty sure he thinks he will cease to exist if I am not within sight.

I love this little ham-burger. 


It's crazy to think he has only been in my life for 19 shorts months.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

He is so adorable! BTW, your lifestyle pics are fab.u.lous!!

Jess said...

Those smiles are irresistable. Mabye you could just sew some black stripes on those jammies, cover the pumpkin with a white circle tummy and he can wear them all year as Tigger!

Brittney said...

Genius!